Regional Meet of senior functionaries of the member institutions – May- June
MFIN organised the Regional Meet of senior functionaries of the member institutions. The objective was to brainstorm with clinical and diagnostic feedbacks from the field of microfinance delivery and draw out interventions and preventive measures necessary for a balanced Industry growth.
The first meeting was organised on 10th May covering (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan), second meeting was organized at Delhi on 21st May covering states (Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Delhi-Haryana, Punjab-Himachal Pradesh-Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh (State Association) ,the third Meeting was organized at Bhubaneshwar on 29th May covering states (Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha (both MFIN Chapter and State Association), North East, West Bengal (State Association and the fourth meeting was held in Chennai on 11th June. This also included issues that are common at regular intervals deliberated upon the necessary interventions, a brief of which is given hereunder:
- Review of the preparation process of respective states to deal with special conditions including drought, flood, cyclone, state assembly elections etc.
- Ringleaders and informal aggregators infiltrating into the mf system.
- Lending to OD clients distressed by calamities.
- Revisiting key microfinance rules/principles.
- Earnestness in establishing strong HR Practices.
- Resolution to implement Code for Responsible Lending.
- Strengthen Community Connect.
- Addressing Law & Order concerns.
- Reinforcing and Strengthening centre culture to check ringleader menace