The objective of the grievance resolution mechanism is to provide clients with a convenient, simple, low cost and effective process for settlement of individual grievances.
For the purpose of the policy, ‘Grievances’ means individual client grievance and includes all matters relating to:
- Micro lending
- Insurance, Pension and any other products and their regulation
- Any other financial transactions undertaken between the client and the Member MFI
- Interpersonal issues arising between the client and MFI in terms of conduct and behaviour
The MFIN Grievance Redressal framework is governed by following principles:
- Clients are treated fairly at all times
- Complaints raised by clients are dealt with courtesy and in a timely manner
- Clients are informed of avenues to raise their queries and complaints within the organization, and their rights if they are not satisfied with the resolution of their complaints
- Queries and Complaints are treated efficiently and fairly with a turnaround time defined and communicated to clients.
- The grievance handling staff work in good faith and without prejudice, towards the interests of the clients.
There is a two tier structure of Grievance Redressal in the Microfinance Industry. The first level to be with the MFIN member institutions. The second level to be with MFIN. In case the complainant is not satisfied with redressal given at the MFI level, the client can approach MFIN. At the MFI level, there may be two layered GRS. The first level will be through a call centre and second through an Appellate authority
Grievance Redressal Framework at MFIN
A dedicated Grievance Redressal Officer supervises this function.
Contact details of Grievance Redressal Officers of Members MFIs (pdf link)